World Health Organization had informed the new covid-19 mutation as Omicron variant.
Yesterday (11/26), World Health Organization had informed the new covid-19 mutation as Omicron variant. Our pharmacist wants to share some highlights with you:
- Omicron is circulating in South Africa, Botswana, Belgium, Hong Kong and Israel (100 confirmed cases, could be up to 1000).
- It affects younger healthier adults compare to the older variants.
- Still very little information about this strain, vaccine makers are working hard to study the variants.
- The US hasn’t identified any case with this variant. Flights from several African countries have been blocked.
𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐞 𝐝𝐨 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐰:
- Get booster shot if you qualify.
- Have your long-term condition under control, including asthma, diabetes, heart failure, obese, hypertension, epilepsy etc (if you don’t have a PCP please get established as soon as possible).
- Stay healthy and keep your immune system at its peak (daily vitamin C, vitamin D, Zinc recommended), weekly exercise and healthy diet.
- Wash hands, social distance and masks especially in high risk area.
- Try not to travel to these countries for now.
All 3 kinds of vaccines and boosters are available at your East Norriton Pharmacy at no cost and no insurance required!